Wednesday, March 08, 2006

So watched some clips from the Oscars.. Jon Stewart.. I adore him, but his humor is maybe a bit to.. narrow? (well, that's what it is in norwegian anyway..) for this kind of show.. Dolly Parton is kinda shaped like a barbie doll.. How the hell does she manage to stand upright.. she must have major backproblems. I do enjoy her singing though, and liked the song.
Skipped the ohmygodthankyousomuch's.. well, caught George Clooney's, which I thought was a good one.. he should host the Oscars if that other guy.. Billy Crystal still wants a break.. But anyway, the music they played in the background was annoying and sort of tasteless I thougth. Why are they so concerned about the speech time when they crammed in millionbillion clips and montages in the show.. my god that was alot, and I watched an edited version of the show.
Enjoyed the comedy duo of Meryl Streep and Lily Tomlin. Haven't seen that many Altman movies.. I like MASH, Short cuts and the Player and Gosford Park was ok. Gingerbread man and Dr T were pretty boring though, and I know I've seen Prêt-à-Porter too.. but can't remember a thing about it.. so can't have been that good.
As for the nominated films.. I've only seen two of them.. Brokeback and Crash. Some of them still haven't been shown here yet. There's alot I want to see, but it's so ridicilously expensive to go to the movies.. I'll wait until they come out on DVD..

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home