Sunday, April 10, 2005

Saw Fever Pitch just now. The one about football. Almost didn't because the dvd cover is absoultely horrible. But I liked the movie, so you don't have to be a sports fan to enjoy this one. But I can understand why it didn't do well at the box office. I find it really difficult to understand how someone can be so obsessed about a sports team, but I felt I got a bit of an insight after watching this. But it's not just about Arsenal and football. And some of the situations, even though they are about football here, you can relate to. Like where Paul has his hand on the doorknob and says he's going to leave but isn't moving... Been there..
High Fidelity is still my favourite filmatisation of a Nick Hornby book though. Wonder when they are going to make How to Be Good. I'm betting it's going to be made at some point..

Jo: It's all a sinister form of male manipulation.
Sarah: Rubbish!
Jo: It's true! You get colonized! Your native culture gets driven out, and it's replaced by stuff that you don't like and don't even want to know about.

Steve: Stanley Matthews was playing First Division football when he was fifty.
Paul: I'll bet you any money you like you're not playing First Division football when you're fifty.
Steve: Well, no. It's the smoking.
Paul: It's NOT the smoking, Steve. It's the crapness.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home