Thursday, May 12, 2005

Got some free tickets to see Bo Sundström yesterday. Never listend much to Bo Kaspers Orkester. Well, I saw them last year at the Norwegian Wood festival. But to me it's always just been good background music. It's nice, but I never really listen to it.. Hadn't realised he had released a solo album either. But I never say no to a free concert, so we went. As an opening act he had brought a swedish singer-songwriter called Elin Sigvardsson. Nothing groundbreakingly new, but it was nice and i liked her voice. Might check out her album, Smithereens... Played for about 30minutes. Bo came on with a 5 man band, and they played some songs of his album, Skåne. It was quite similar to what I think of when I think Bo Kaspers Orkerster. But less jazzy and more folkish. It was ok, but I won't be running out to buy the cd in the near future. Played three covers. He did Love Hurts with Elin, and Here comes the sun and ended with We'll meet again. They only played for one hour and a few minutes. Had I payed to see him, I would've been pissed. Maybe he was upset that they moved him from the big room to the small one.. He said something like "when I'm on a big stage I've got a big setlist, when I'm on a small one - a small setlist.." Bo was quite amusing and there was quite a bit of banter in between the songs.
So, not my greatest concert experience, but it was a nice way to spend a wednsday evening.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home